Learn the things to consider before installing the DSL agent. The limitations for the installation are also provided.
Things to consider before installation:
- For local agent installation, use an account within the Administrator Group.
- For remote agent installation in domain environments, use the domain administrator account.
- For remote agent installation in non-domain environments, use an administrator account and set the same password of this account to both host and target machines.
- Host machine is the computer where the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Endpoint setup program executes in.
- Target machine is the computer where the DLP Endpoint agent is to be installed.
- If an old version is running, uninstall it before installing the new one.
- The host machine cannot access the target machine due to network connection problem, such as blocking by firewall. Do not block ports 139 and 445 for Windows default share feature used by DLP remove installation.
- The target machines should reboot after installation to make the DLP Endpoint effective.
- If reinstall is needed, you need to uninstall, reboot, install, and reboot.