You receive the following error message when installing the Worry-Free Business (WFBS) Security Server, Security Agent (SA) or Messaging Security Agent (MSA):
"Setup failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable..."
To resolve the issue, you tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable, but you get the following error message:
"Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL..."M
The issue occurs when the Windows file system transaction log became corrupt when installing any software. This transaction log is used to recover files when a file error occurs.
To resolve the issue:
- Open an elevated command prompt.
- Click Start (or the Windows orb) > All Programs > Accessories.
- Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- When the elevation prompt appears, click Allow or Yes.
- On the command prompt window, type in the command below:
fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\The command above assumes "C:" is the system volume. If the operating system is installed on different partition (e.g. D:), edit the command accordingly.
- Restart the computer.
- Follow the steps in this solution article: "Setup failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable.." appears when installing the Security Agent.
If the issue persists, perform the the following and contact Trend Micro Technical Support.