The following error message appears when logging in to the OfficeScan management console:
OfficeScan Master Service was stopped. Start service and try again.
This occurs even if the OfficeScan Master Service is running from services.msc.
The issue occurs because the database might be corrupted.
To resolve the issue:
- Go to the OfficeScan server and make sure that the dbserver.exe is not running. Navigate to \Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\HTTPDB\.
- Transfer all the files inside this folder to a backup folder, leaving the HTTPDB folder empty.
- Start the OfficeScan Master service and verify that the new database files inside the HTTPDB folder will be created.
- Check if dbserver.exe is running.
If the OfficeScan Master Service started successfully, then the problem is with the database. If you have a backup database, copy the database files to the HTTPDB folder. OfficeScan has enable scheduled database backup by default; the HTTPDB backup folder's default path is \Trend Micro\OfficeScan\DBBackup.
Make sure to stop the dbserver.exe and then the Master Service before copying the backup database to the HTTPDB folder.
- If the error persists, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support for assistance.