Know the problems fixed in WFBS 7.0 SP1.
Below is the list of resolved issues in WFBS 7.0 SP1:
- The Security Agent icon intermittently disappears from the system tray.
- Users can still access the URLs set to "block" in the URL filter.
- The PEM is not totally unloaded when disabled in Behavior Monitoring and Device Access Control.
- Administrators can prevent a user from enabling or disabling the Trend Micro Anti-spam Toolbar and functions on the Security Agent console.
- Firewall exclusion rule does not work when the firewall security level is set to "high".
- Tooltip time is incorrect in daylight savings time (DST) zone.
- The PEM is enabled after an update.
- Network status shows "Identifying" when the Security Agent loads.
- Network status only appears after the system loads the Security Agent on the system tray.
- Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) VPN connection failure occurs when the firewall status is "On" and its security level is set to "medium" or "high".
- Security Agent self-protection mechanism blocks some behaviors that should be allowed.
- The Trend Micro Agent T-ball icon does not appear on the taskbar when explorer.exe is unavailable.
After applying the service pack:
- Trend Micro NSC Firefox Extension now supports Firefox 4, 5, 6, and 7.
- Users can correctly block application names in Behavior Monitoring.
- Security Agent can query the DNS from non-existent gateways.
- TMProxy process approved list deployment feature is added.
- Security Agent can reconnect to the Security Server after being disconnected.
- Hostnames containing an underscore (_) character can be updated.
- A mechanism that prevents the proxy server from compressing the update files is added.
Performance issue occurs when running web-based applications such as Microsoft TM Dynamic CRM.
- Backupexec Continuous Protection Server often stops and requests a reboot.
- Database script hangs when users log on via remote desktop and launch a database script with Microsoft DOS chcp command.
- Security Agent crashes when certain UNC paths are set in the system environment variable.
- Terminal servers may stop unexpectedly when there is a large number of concurrent Remote Desktop Connections.
- Windows 2008 and 2008R2 with domain controller service are recognized as SBS2008 and SBS2011.
- Users cannot install the Security Agent due to its driver installation issues.
- The USB Device Access Control does not prevent users from launching .MSI files to install software.
- Some programs using UNC paths on network drives cause the system to hang.
- A user permission issue occurs when using an account with the correct privileges to install the Security Agent remotely.
Scheduled scan does not stop. After applying the service pack, users can now customize the timeout for Scheduled Scan.
Installing the Security Agent does not automatically uninstall Sophos Endpoint Security 9.5. After applying the service pack, the Security Agent now supports additional third-party anti-virus product uninstallation. For more details, know the anti-virus software that WFBS 7.0 can detect and uninstall.
Payroll Program stops responding when the Security Agent is running.