Use the Microsoft® Internet Security & Acceleration Server 2004 to protect the PolicyServer front end or the LDAP Proxy Service from the Internet.
Add a new IP address to the External adapter on the ISA server which will answer requests for the PolicyServer or LDAP proxy server. This must be an externally accessible IP, either on a public network or translated at a firewall.
- From the Array Policy Tasks menu, click Publish a Web Server.
- Enter a name for the rule on the Web publishing rule name box.
- Click Next.
- For the action to take when the rule conditions are met, select Allow and click Next.
- Browse the IP address of the PolicyServer or LDAP proxy on the Computer Name or IP address field.
- Select Forward the original host header and click Next.
- Enter the external FQDN for your PolicyServer of LDAP proxy on the Public Name field.
- Click Next and then click New.
- Type a name for the new listener on the Web Listener Name field and click Next.
- On the Listen for requests from these networks box, select Internal.
- Click Address.
- Under the Listen for requests on, select Specified IP addresses on the ISA Server computer in the selected network.
- On the Available IP Addresses box, select the IP Address created earlier.
- Click Add to move the IP address to the Selected IP Addresses box.
If the IP address is not available, click Add IP, then add the new IP Address.
- Click OK, and then click Next.
- Select Enable HTTP.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.