OSCE 10.6 introduced a new feature called Startup Enhancement. When the OSCE client starts up, this feature postpones the loading of some client services if the CPU usage is greater than 20%. When the CPU usage falls below the limit, the client will load the services.
These services include:
- OfficeScan NT Firewall
- OfficeScan Data Protection Service
- Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service
Know the parameters for this feature in OfficeScan 10.6, 11.0, and XG.
These are the global parameters in the ...\PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini file of the OfficeScan server:
- LaunchBelowUsage: The CPU usage must be below 20%.
- LaunchMustContinueBelow: The CPU usage must be below 20% in 15 seconds.
- LaunchCheckUsageFrequency: Check the CPU usage every 2 seconds
- LaunchCheckTimeout: The maximum check time is 180 seconds.
To apply any changes to the settings above, click Save in either the Networked Computers > Global Client Settings (v10.6) or the Agents > Global Agent Settings (v11.0/XG) page of the OfficeScan server.