There is a known problem with the upgrade of the LDAProxy to 3.1.1. The 3.0.11 uninstaller leaves a file that interferes with the installation of 3.1.1.
Below is a sample error that appears during the upgrade:
Process failed with exception "Installation with arguments '/i "C:\Program Files\Mobile Armor\MSIs\LDAProxyWindowsServiceSetup.msi" /qn /norestart WindowsServiceSettingsFilePath="C:\Documents and Settings\tsmith\Local Settings\Temp\WindowsServiceSettings.bin"' failed with exit code 1603." The details are in the event log.
To resolve the issue:
- Manually uninstall the following from Add/Remove programs:
- Endpoint Encryption LDAProxy Web Service
- Endpoint Encryption LDAProxy Windows Service
- Manually delete the c:\Program Files\Mobile Armor\LDAProxy\ldapSettings.xml file.
- Install the 3.1.1 version of the Proxy.