You notice that a WFBS-SVC agent is missing on the web console.
To resolve the issue:
- Log on to the WFBS-SVC web console.
- Click Devices.
Locate the missing agent/computer using any of the following:
- Search Bar - Search using the computer name or IP address of the computer. For more information, read this article: Searching clients in WFBS-SVC.
Group Tree Pane
- If the agent is newly installed, look for the agent under Desktop (Default)/Server (Default).
- If the agent is previously installed in a Group, go to the Group and locate the agent/computer.
Open a command prompt and do a "tracert" to the WFBS-SVC servers.
- North America and other regions: wfbs-svc-nabu-aal.trendmicro.com
- Europe, Middle East and Africa region: wfbs-svc-emea-aal.trendmicro.com
The trace should be complete.
Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
Go to the following registry hive:
- For 32-bit OS: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHIINE\SOFTWARE\Trendmicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\HostedAgent
- For 64-bit OS: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\HostedAgent
Double-click the AC registry key and check if it uses the correct/latest Activation Code.
Click image to enlarge
It should show the same Activation Code found in the Administration > License tab page of the web console.
- Use the Web Installation Link on the agent.
If you recently renewed your WFBS-SVC license, read the article: What will happen to your WFBS-SVC account when your Activation Code expires? This article provides scenarios on when the agent/data is removed from the servers.