This article discusses about *.qtn files being created in the ..\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\SUSPECT\Backup directory. This happens even if client is not set to back up files and the action taken is Quarantined.
This is a feature in OfficeScan where quarantined files are copied to the ..\OfficeScan Client\SUSPECT\Backup folder and will be sent to the OSCE server. By default, the files are kept for seven (7) days, but this can be configured using the steps below:
- Go to the PCCSRV directory.
- Back up and edit the ofcscan.ini file.
- Go to the [Global Setting] section and then add or edit the following parameter:
Where "x" is the number of days you want to keep the backup files.
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Log on to the OfficeScan server management console and then go to the Global Settings.
- Save the changes to deploy the settings to the clients. This client will purge files in this directory every day at 11:00. This setting cannot be changed.