OfficeScan client upgrade fails because of expired or invalid digital signature of the DWIoTrapNT.dll file.
Below is a sample snippet from ofcdebug:
2012 02/19 10:03:52 [2df08 : 2df18] (00) (D) [upgrade.exe][VerifyEmbeddedSignature] Fail to verify the signature of the file (C:\PROGRAM FILES\TREND MICRO\OFFICESCAN
CLIENT\Temp\Program\DWIoTrapNT.dll) with error code (0x800b0101). - [fio_FileIO.cpp(345)]
Below is a sample snippet from the upgrade.log file:
2012/02/19 10:04:18 - [CopyAllFile35] At least one of downloaded files has invalid digital signature, delete all files in downloaded folder.
During the installation or upgrade, the following error may also appear:
Unable to install the OfficeScan client. There was an error copying DwIoTrapNT.Dll. Please contact your OfficeScan administrator for assistance.
The issue occurs because there is a system process that uses the file and the installer cannot change the OfficeScan client directory.
To resolve the issue, do one of the following:
- Install Hot fix 1180.1. You may request this hot fix from Trend Micro Technical Support.
- Download and install OfficeScan 10.6 Service Pack 1 or higher.
If the issue persists:
- Go to the directory of OfficeScan client (e.g. C:\Program files).
- Rename the OfficeScan client directory.
- Reinstall the OfficeScan client.