The image utility tool takes time to stop the services in OfficeScan 10.6, 11.0 and 12.0 on Windows 7. Follow the steps in this article to successfully run the image utility tool.
Protection on OfficeScan client services should first be disabled before running the image utility tool. Do the following procedure to execute the tool successfully:
Disable Protect OfficeScan client services.
- Log into the OfficeScan web console.
- For OfficeScan 10.6, go to Networked Computers > Settings > Privileges and Other Settings > Other Settings > Client Self-protection.
- For OfficeScan 11.0/XG, go to Agents > Agent Management > Settings > Privileges and Other Settings > Other Settings > OfficeScan Agent Self-protection.
- Remove the checkmark on the "Protect OfficeScan client services" (OfficeScan 10.6) or "Protect OfficeScan agent services" (OfficeScan 11.0/XG) checkbox.
- Save and close the web console.
Set the startup type for the services to "Manual".
- Click Start > Run and type "services.msc".
Scroll down the Services applet and select the Manual Startup type for the following services:
- OfficeScan NT Listener
- OfficeScan NT Realtime Scan
- Click OK and exit from the services applet.
- Run the imgsetup.exe file.
- Reboot the machine.
Configure the OfficeScanNT Realtime Scan to start automatically. Run the following from the command prompt:
sc config ntrtscan start=auto