The setting is not deployed to the OfficeScan client/agent. Checking the Internet Information Services (IIS) logs shows a lot of 401.1 errors.
This article also resolves the clients not showing on the console and cannot able to get updates.
The setting is not deployed because the IUSR password in the IIS metabase is not in sync with the Active Directory (AD) or Local users.
To sync the IUSR password:
- Go to the C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts directory.
- Back up and edit the adsutil.vbs file using Notepad.
- Look for the following entry:
IsSecureProperty = True
- Change the value to "False".
- Open the command prompt and go to the C:\Inetpub\Adminscripts directory.
- Run the following command to show the current password for the IUSR account:
cscript adsutil.vbs get w3svc/anonymoususerpass
- Use the shown password to set the password for the IUSR account in Computer Management > Local users > Users or in AD.
- Put back the old adsutil.vbs values.
- Restart the WWW publishing service.