Option I: Using the Web console and "Edit on your computer" function
- Right-click on the SafeSync icon on your System Tray and click on Browse Files Online.
- Right-click on the file that you want to edit or modify and select Edit on your computer.
- Save thechanges and wait for it to sync.
- Go back to the SafeSync web console.
- Right click the file you edited or modified and select Previous versions.
Note: Web console will run a background process to download the file to a local temp file and open a related editor (e.g. notepad , excel or word). The said background process will check the modification stamp of the file. After the file is modified, it will be uploaded back to cloud, and then a new version will be created.
Option II: Without using the Web console
- Safesync Client should be launched and running while editing the file.
- The file should be located in SafeSync folder or Paired folder.
Note: It only works on a file editor that is not in "Locked for editing" mechanism.
For example, if you use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), open a file and edit, it will lock the original file, and create a new one with "$" in its filename prefix. After you finished editing the file, it will remove the previous file and save the temp file into its original filename.
The same with SafeSync, the original file will be removed from local computer and from the cloud at the same time. This is why you will not find the version in the cloud if you edit it on your computer and sync through client. You will find the previous version in the Recycle Bin. It will not create a new version but will only show the following: