The Summary screen of the OfficeScan web console shows the following error message after log in:
Unable to display data because of an unexpected error. Please try again later.
Adding new widgets also displays the following error message:
Widget framework error. Restart the server. If this problem persists, reinstall the server or contact your support provider.
These errors appear on the Summary page of OfficeScan web console when the IUSR account (IIS anonymous account) does not have enough permission on the C:\windows\temp\ directory. This directory is used by OfficeScan to run the widgets displayed on the Summary screen.
To resolve this, give the IUSR account with the required permission:
- Log off from the OfficeScan web console and close the web browser.
- Open the Security Properties of the C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ folder in the OfficeScan server.
- Add the following account names:
- Network Service
- Give the account names Read and Write permissions.
- Restart the following services:
- OfficeScan Master Service
- World Wide Web Publishing Service
- Log on to the OfficeScan web console and check if the issue is resolved.
If the error still occurs, collect the OfficeScan widget framework debug logs and submit a ticket to Trend Micro Technical Support.
Refer to the KB article: Gathering debug logs to troubleshoot an issue in OfficeScan Widget Framework for the steps on how to collect the debug log files.