The OfficeScan remote installation page takes a long time to load and hangs.
The OfficeScan server uses the NetOpenEnum function to emulate Microsoft Windows Networks. An error in this function might cause the loading of the page to fail or hang.
Check the following from the OfficeScan Server if Windows 2008 Server is installed:
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced Sharing Settings.
The following should be enabled:
- Network Discovery : ON
- File and Print Sharing : ON
- Click Start > Run and then type "cmd".
- Type "service.msc" to open the Service Applet.
The Computer Browser service should be started and set to "Automatic".
Check the following on the OfficeScan Server if other platforms are installed:
- You should be able to browse the list of computers via Network Computers.
- Click Start > Run and type "cmd".
- Type "net view".
The net view command should return a list of computers within the same domain.