When the OfficeScan client is running, the application does not load and the following error message appears:
Error: Could not handshake with the Smart Notebook Express Engine.
This error appears in the OfficeScan network where a third-party software such as SMART Notebook Express is installed.
To exclude SMART Notebook Express and other third party software from Real-time Scan, do the following:
- Log on to the OfficeScan web console.
- Go to Agents > Agent Management.
- Select target domain or OfficeScan client to configure the exclusion lists.
- Click the Settings drop-down menu and select Realtime Scan Settings.
- Add the following Scan Exclusions to exclude SMART Notebook Express:
- C:\Documents and Settings\*\Local Settings\Temp\Jetty*
- C:\Program Files\SMART Technologies
- Click Apply to deploy the new settings to OfficeScan clients.