Learn how you can install the SecureCloud Runtime Agents on Linux or Windows.
Choose the installation method you want to use:
In the vCloud environment, you have to provide the SecureCloud account ID, vCloud organization, and cloud controller IP address.
- Download the appropriate agent build for your cloud instance from the Download Center - SecureCloud Agent.
- Make sure the execute permissions are set for "<scagent.bin>" and then run the "chmod +x <scagent.bin>" command.
- Execute "<scagent.bin>", with the path to it added at the beginning.
if the file is in the current directory, where "<scagent.bin>" is the name of the installation package download in Step 1.
Install with a Custom Linux Kernel
The Linux agent installer can automatically download required dependent packages from the online repository that is defined in your running instance.
- The Linux agent installer requires all dependent packages to be present in the system before continuing the installation of the SecureCloud Runtime Agent.
If the Linux agent installer cannot download all the dependent packages from the repository, you are then required to provide them by either downloading the package manually from Internet or somewhere else.
The following comprise the dependent packages for Linux:
- Common dependency: gcc, python (2.4.3 or greater), curl, make, gawk
- CentOS/RHEL 5.x:
- Amazon EC2 or Xen-based: kernel-headers, kernel-xen-devel
- Others: kernel-headers, kernel-devel
- CentOS/RHEL 6.x: kernel-headers, kernel-devel
- Ubuntu: linux-headers
- SUSE 11: Kernel source
SUSE 11 requires that you specify the information below. (This information is based on the 220.127.116.11 version of the Linux kernel.)$cp /boot/symvers-18.104.22.168-0.3-ec2.gz /usr/src/linux/Module.symvers.gz$gunzip /usr/src/linux/Module.symvers.gz
$ln -s /usr/src/linux /lib/modules/22.214.171.124-0.3-ec2/build rpm -ivh scagent-3.5.0.xxx.rpm
- If you are using a custom Linux kernel, the complete kernel source is required because the Trend Micro Encryption Module driver cannot build without the proper kernel source. (To compile the kernel, refer to your Linux user guide.) Also, ensure there is a soft link, "/lib/modules/<kernel version>/build" which links to the kernel source path.
- In the Linux environment, you are able to customize your kernels.
The kernel source must be provided and the path should be set using one of the following commands:
$ln -s /usr/src/linux /lib/modules//build #SUSE
> $ln -s /usr/src/kernels/ /lib/modules//build #CentOS/RHEL
$ln -s /usr/src/linux-source- /lib/modules//build #Ubuntu
To check the kernel version, use command uname -r.
Launch the Linux agent installer using the command:
To set up the SecureCloud Runtime Agent or run the Configuration Tool shortcut on Windows 2008 successfully, you need to run the installer as administrator.
- Launch the machine image on which you want to install the SecureCloud runtime agent.
- Download the Runtime Agent build for your machine image instance from the Download Center - SecureCloud Agent.
- Extract the installation package.
- Run the SecureCloudInstaller.exe file.
- Follow the installation instructions.