The Mail Tracking Log determines the status of emails sent through HES – Inbound and Outbound Filtering. It is optimized for tracking messages for up to 90 days of mail tracking information.
Viewing HES mail tracking log information:
The Mail Tracking screen provides the following search criteria:
- Dates - the time range for your query
- Direction - the direction of messages
- Recipient - the recipient email address
- Sender - the sender email address
- Type - the type of email traffic that you want to query
- Accepted traffic - messages that were allowed in by Hosted Email Security for further processing
- Blocked traffic - attempts to send messages in that were stopped by connection-based filtering at the MTA connection level or by HES incoming security filtering
- Subject - the message subject
- Attachment SHA256 Hash - the SHA256 hash value of a message attachment. Specify a SHA256 hash value consisting of 64 hexadecimal characters or leave it blank.
When a valid SHA256 hash value is specified, the Attachment Status field displays with the following options:
- All: Query all messages containing the specified attachment. This is the default option.
- Deleted: Query the messages with the specified attachment deleted.
- Cleaned: Query the messages with the specified attachment cleaned for malware.
- Bypassed: Query the messages with the specified attachment bypassed.
Mail Tracking Details
Click the result timestamp to check the mail tracking details of an inbound/outbound email. The mail tracking summary, Action and event details are displayed
This shows all of the policies on where the email went through. This also indicates if the email has violated any policy and what action has been done.