You can manually update a Deep Security Relay when it cannot directly get updates from an update server. This process can be done using an update bundle created from another Deep Security Relay that can obtain its updates.
To manually update the DSR:
- Generate an update bundle by running a command from the installation path of the source DSR host.
For example, if the installation path is C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Deep Security Agent, run the following command:
- Check the created update bundle in ZIP format located under the C:\ProgramData\Trend Micro\Deep Security Agent\relay folder. The bundle should contain the copies of update files. Its filename appears similar to "dsupdate_xxxxxxxxxx.zip".
- Copy the "dsupdate_xxxxxxxxxx.zip" file to the corresponding base folder of the DSR:
- Windows: <install path>\Deep Security Agent
- Linux: /opt/ds_agent
- Apply the security update by doing any of the following:
- Restart the Deep Security Agent service.
- On the DSM console, click Download Security Updates from the specific DSR.
For further issues regarding DSR Agent, send the following files to Trend Micro Technical Support:
- iau.log - This file contains information about the module that processes the update.
- TmuDump.txt - This file contains the details about the connection attempts with the update server.