The self-protection of the Deep Security Agent (DSA) or Deep Security Relay (DSR) Agent prevents agent uninstallation when the DSM is no longer available, so the hardening mechanism must be disabled.
To disable the hardening mechanism via command line:
- Open the command prompt.
- Navigate to the installation folder:
- For DSA: ..\Deep Security Agent
- For DSR Agent: ..\Deep Security Relay
- Enter the command to disable the hardening:
where the value of "s" is:
- s = 1 - to enable self-protection (default)
- s = 0 - to disable self-protection
If the DSA installation is password-protected, use the following command instead:
dsa_control –s=0 –p "password_in_clear_test"
- Continue uninstalling the agent via Windows Control Panel.
Afterwards, the agent's hardening mechanism should now be disabled.