Know what to do when transaction logs become bigger and eat up space causing the TMCM database to get increase its size.
To resolve the issue:
- Stop the following services:
- Trend Micro Control Manager service
- Trend Micro Management Infrastructure service.
- Back up the TMCM database.
- Shrink the TMCM database transaction log. Choose one of the following options:
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine and then expand that instance.
- Expand Databases, and then right-click the database that you want to shrink.
- Point to Tasks, point to Shrink, and then click Files.
- Do the following:
- Select Log as the file type.
- Mark the Release unused spacecheck box.
Selecting this option causes any unused space in the file to be released to the operating system and shrinks the file to the last allocated extent. This reduces the file size without moving any data.
- Click OK.
If you still need more help with shrinking the transaction log using this method, refer to theMicrosoft article: Shrinking the Transaction Log.
Execute the following SQL query:
BACKUP LOG <TMCM db Name>_Log WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY
DBCC SHRINKFILE(<TMCM db Name>_Log , 10)
The <TMCM DB name> is the name of the Control Manager database. For example, if the name of the Control Manager database is db_controlManager, the command would be the following:
BACKUP LOG db_ControlManager_Log WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY
DBCC SHRINKFILE(db_ControlManager_Log , 10)
Since BACKUP LOG WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY is no longer a recognized BACKUP option in SQL Express 2008 you will encounter the following error after executing this query:
Msg 155, Level 15, State 1, Line 1
'TRUNCATE_ONLY' is not a recognized BACKUP option.
Another way of shrinking the transaction logs in SQL server 2008 Express is to send Log Backups to “NUL:” using command:
BACKUP LOG [db_name] TO DISK = N'Nul:This problem has been resolved in TMCM 6.0 Patch 4 and the fix is also included in TMCM 6.0 SP1.
- Start the following services:
- Trend Micro Management Infrastructure service
- Trend Micro Control Manager service.