You notice that Reputation service shows "Reconnecting" and encounter the following symptoms:
- OfficeScan (OSCE) client icon has a red x mark and it shows Reputation service reconnecting.
- You are using Integrated Smart Protection Server
- When you validate Intergrated Smart Protection Server Address Integrated, you get "Unable to connect to the Smart Protection server..." error message.
- When you restart the Trend Micro Local Web Classification service, you get the following error message:
Windows could not start the Trend Micro Local Web Classification server service on Local Computer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
This issue happens because of the following:
- Corrupted Trend Micro Local Web Classification service or the service is not installed
- Missing LWCS\wcspatterns
- Go to ...\Program Files\Trendmicro\Officescan\PCCSRV\Private folder and open ofcserver.ini.
- Look for the following entry and make sure that both are set to "1":
If the services are already installed and enabled but the problem still persists, proceed to the next step.
- Open Internet Explorer from another machine.
- Make sure that PROXY is NOT set on the browser.
- Access any of these URLS:
- OSCE_Server - the hostname or IP Address of the server hosting the Web Reputation Service
- Port - the listening port for WRS (default value is 5274, but may vary during installation)
If you get a result similar to the one below, then the connection is OK. Otherwise, check the connectivity between the client and the server. You may also check the Web Server Log (IIS or Apache):
If uninstallation and reinstallation of ISPS does not fix the issue, proceed to the next step.
- Go to ..\Program Files\Trendmicro\Officescan\PCCSRV\LWCS\wcspatterns folder. You should see fupxxxxx.ptn and fupxxxxx.ptn files, where x is a random number.
If any of the files is missing, do the following:
- Log in to the OfficeScan web console
- Go to Administration > Smart Protection > Integrated Server.
- Under Update Source for Web Reputation services, copy the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate Server URL, and then add server.ini at the end.
- Copy and paste it on your browser and then hit Enter.
- Get the files for P.48040033 and P.48040034 (ignore the merge), and append it to the original URL in the Server.1 value.
- Download and extract the files in PCCSRV\LWCS\wcspatterns.
- Restart the Trend Micro Local Web Classification Server service.
- Log in to the web console and test the connection of Integrated Server. It should now be successful.