When you upgrade to Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion while running builds lower than Security for Mac (TMSM) 1.5 SP4 or Core Protection Module (CPM), Mac OS will crash or will not boot properly.
Reinstallation of Mac OS 10.8 is required if you experience the said symptoms.
To resolve the issue, Trend Micro recommends that you upgrade to TMSM 1.5 SP4 or higher and the latest version of CPM for Mac before upgrading to Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Do the following:
Upgrade Server to TMSM 1.5 SP4 or higher
To upgrade TMSM from the OfficeScan console:
This includes client upgrade.
- Open the OfficeScan Console.
- Click on Plug-in Manager.
- Look for Trend Micro Security for Mac.
- Download and install TMSM 1.5 SP4 (build 1.5.6024) or higher.
Your Server Build Should be 1.5.6024 or higher.
- Click Manage Program.
- Click Server Updates > Manual Update tab.
- Tick all checkboxes, and then click on Update.
After the update is finished, TMSM server would automatically notify TMSM clients to get the updates.
- You may force the updates to the client by:
- Go to Client Management tab.
- Select the group you want to update.
- Click on Tasks > Update.
Upgrade Client only
To upgrade TMSM clients, do any of the following:
- Perform a manual update. Ensure that you select TMSM client from the list of components.
- On the client tree, select the clients to upgrade, and then click Tasks > Update.
- If scheduled update has been selected, ensure that TMSM client is selected.
- Instruct users to click Update Now from the client console.
Your client build should be 1.5.6043 or higher.
Upgrade CPM for Mac