Disable the security protection of the Deep Security Agent (DSA) or Deep Security Relay (DSR) Agent through the registry if you are having issues communicating with the Deep Security Manager (DSM) during uninstallation.
To disable the agent or relay:
- Open the registry editor with an administrator permission. Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\Deep Security Agent or Relay.
- Find the Self Protect registry key. If the Self-Protection feature is already disabled, this key will not exist.
- Change its value from "1" to "0".
- Proceed with the uninstallation of the relay or agent.