Learn how to install and enroll TMMS 7.0 agent on your Android mobile device.
This solution is for TMMS for Enterprise 7.0 only.
To install and enroll TMMS to your Android devices:
- Log on to the WFBS-SVC console.
- Go to Devices > Add Devices > Send email.
The administrator/user will send an email invite to the intended Android device. The email invite contains the installation link and authentication code used to install the Android Security Agent.
- Click the link from the invitation email. You will be prompted to download Worry-Free Mobile Security using your mobile browser.
- Wait until the download completes, and then proceed with the installation.
- When the installation is complete, type in the authentication key to enroll the device.
To find the authentication key:
- Open the email invitation.
- Go to Devices > Add Devices > View Email Details.
The authentication key will expire after 15 days.
The program should now be installed.
To install and enroll the TMMS agent on your Android device while it is connected to the OfficeScan server network internally:
- Log on to the OfficeScan web console and click Plug-in Manager.
- Scroll down the screen and look for Trend Micro Mobile Security, and then click Manage Program.
The Trend Micro Mobile Security Manage Program page opens.
- On the menu bar, select Administration and click Device Enrollment Settings.
- Under the Agent Installation tab, tick Mobile Device Agent for Android 2.2 or Above and click Download.
A progress bar will appear in the middle of the screen.
A security message in the upper part of the window will appear informing a file download is being blocked.
- Click the security message and click Download File. Another variant of this download is a download window asking you to open or save the file.
- Click Save and specify the location where you want to save the file. A ZIP file will then be saved.
- Extract the file in the location where you saved it and it will show the tmmsSuite.apk file.
- Install the tmmsSuite.apk file on the Android device. Choose one of the following:
- Connect the Android device to the machine where the file is located.
- Email the file to download it into the device.
- Once the file is downloaded on the Android device, run the file. This will start the installation wizard.
A confirmation message will appear on the screen.
- Tap Open to open the Mobile Security window. When the Mobile Security window opens, a message about an expired license will appear. This is because the license is not yet registered to the server.
- Tap Yes and the Registration Settings window appears.
- Enter the following information from the OfficeScan server machine:
- Device Name = Can be any name you assign to identify the mobile device
- Server Name or IP address = OfficeScan server name or IP address
- Port = Port number specified in Communication Server Settings > Common Settings in the console
- Domain Username = Any username included in the domain
- Domain Password = Password of the domain username
For external connection or devices outside the office network, indicate the OfficeScan server external domain name or public IP address in the Server Name or IP address field instead of server name or local IP address.
- Tap Register to submit the settings to the server.
The following screen will appear indicating the progress and confirmation of the registration:
- Confirm if the device was successfully registered by checking the device on the Device Management window of the TMMS console.