It is recommended to upgrade TMCM servers from time to time.
Before upgrading both parent and child Control Manager servers, consider the following:
- Upgrade the parent TMCM server before the child server.
- Upgrade the child TMCM servers one at a time.
- Wait for 30 minutes before upgrading the next TMCM server.
To upgrade TMCM servers, do one of the following:
Option 1: In-place upgrade
New hardware is not required when the current parent TMCM server has the necessary hardware and software in place.
- Back up the TMCM server.
- Prepare the server where TMCM will be installed.
- Copy the installer on the local TMCM server.
- Run setup.exe. When running on Windows 2008 or 2008 R2 server, Run as Administrator.
- Follow the steps on the installer.
Option 2: Migrate child servers to a new parent server
Prepare a new machine to be the new parent TMCM server when it has no necessary hardware.
This can move all the child servers to the new parent TMCM server except the logs from the old parent TMCM server.
- Prepare a new parent TMCM server.
- Unregister the child TMCM servers one at a time from the old parent server.
- Register the child servers to the new parent server.