Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is an OfficeScan (OSCE) plug-in service that prevents data loss. It detects and prevents users that are sending sensitive or valuable data outside the corporate network.
This article discusses how you can download this plug-in even when the server does not have an active Internet connection.
To manually download the plug-in:
- Go to a different computer with an active Internet connection.
- Contact Trend Micro Technical Support for the DLP offline package.
- Extract the package to the C:\DLP folder of the target OfficeScan server. The folder should contain Product Folder and server.ini.
- Share C:\DLP.
- Open the OfficeScan management console.
- Go to Updates > Server > Update Source.
- Choose the radio button "Intranet location containing a copy of the current file".
- For the UNC field, enter “\\<machinename>\DLP”.
- Enter the username and password.
- Save the changes.
- Go to Plug-ins > OfficeScan Data Protection.
- Click Download.