Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is an OfficeScan (OSCE) plug-in service that prevents data loss. It detects and prevents users that are sending sensitive or valuable data outside the corporate network.
This article discusses how you can download this plug-in even when the server does not have an active Internet connection.
To manually download the plug-in:
- Go to a different computer with an active Internet connection.
- Download and copy the DLP.rar.
- Paste the copied DLP.rar on the C:\ directory of the target OfficeScan server.
- Share the DLP folder under C:\DLP directory.
- Open the OfficeScan management console.
- Go to Updates > Server > Update Source.
- Choose the radio button Intranet location containing a copy of the current file.
- For the UNC field, enter “\\<machinename>\DLP”.
- Enter the username and password.
- Save the changes.
- Go to Plug-ins > OfficeScan Data Protection.
- Click Download.