There are instances when we need to enable debug logging for the Officescan Standalone Smart Scan server then replicate the issue or problem so that we capture the root cause in the logs (for analysis).
We need to make sure we enable the debugging before we collect data otherwise it will be a waste of turnaround time.
- Configuration files for Officescan Standalone Smart Scan server
- Log files for Officescan Standalone Smart Scan server
- Configuration files for CentOS Linux Operating System
- Log files for CentOS Linux Operating System
- Core dumps if any
- On the standalone smart scan server, go to command line. Go to /var/tmcss/conf
- Open a file called log.ini. You can use a text editor like pico or vi. Change log level from 1 to 6. Save and exit the file.
- To confirm that it is running in debug, go to /var/tmcss/debuglogs
- Open the latest diagnostic log (e.g. diagnostic_1.log, diagnostic_2.log, etc). If you see: "[DEBUG]" then it is in debugging mode. If you see: "[ERROR]" then it is in default diagnostic logging mode.