The following warning appears on the Deep Security Manager (DSM) console during agent/appliance activation:
Check Status Failed (Protocol error) Offline
An error occurred in the Deep Security Manager to Deep Security Agent/Appliance protocol: SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out.
When the root partition on the Deep Security Virtual Appliance (DSVA) is full, issues can occur when activating new virtual machines created on the ESXi host. To resolve the issue, do the following:
A. If running DSVA 8.0 SP1 Patch 1 (build 1770) or earlier, apply DSVA hotfix build 1783.
- Delete old /var/log/syslog.# and /var/log/messages.#
- Contact Trend Micro Technical Support to request a copy of DSVA hotfix build 1783.
B. Configure an Insufficient Disk Space alert.
This configuration will trigger an email notification before the DSVA completely loses disk space. However, it can only delete DPI, firewall, and agent/appliance event logs. The system logs in ../var/log/messages and ../var/log/syslog need to be removed manually.
To configure the alert:
- On the dashboard of the DSM console, click Alerts > Configure Alerts.
- Look for the Insufficient Disk Space alert and turn it on.
- Select the following checkboxes:
- Send Email to notify when this alert is raised
- Send Email to notify when condition for this alert changes (such as # of items)
- Set the administrator to receive the alert.
- Go to System > Users.
- Select the user and then click Properties.
- Go to the Contact Information tab.
- Select the Receive Alerts checkbox.