When a user performs a Test Connection for Web Reputation Services (WRS) under the Smart Protection Source page, it displays the following error message:
"Unable to connect to the Smart Protection Server Web Reputation Services"
This normally happens when the Local Web Classification Server virtual website is binded to a specific IP Address instead of being se to All Unassigned.
You can bind the WRS ( Local Web Classificiation Server ) to a specific IP Address by doing the following:
- Open the IIS Manager.
- Go to Application Pools then stop OfficescanAppPool or DefaultAppPool.
- Navigate to the \PCCSRV\LWCS folder then edit the lwcs.ini file.
- Under [lwcsstatus], add an entry "rating_server=" and set it to the Specific IP that you want to bind to WRS.
rating_server=10.1.173.79 <-- The specific IP address
- Go back to IIS Manager then restart the Application Pools stopped in step #1.
- Manually restart the "Trend Micro Local Web Classification Server" service if necessary.
- Test the WRS again.