Install or uninstall the dvfilter-dsa driver manually if you are having issues performing it through the management console.
Manual installation of dvfilter-dsa driver
- Download the Deep Security filter driver.
- Using SCP, copy the Deep Security filter driver ZIP package to the /var/log/vmware folder of the ESXi host.
- Make sure all the virtual machines are powered off or migrated to another ESXi host.
- Put the ESXi into maintenance mode.
- Access the ESXi using SSH and log in using the root account.
- Install the filter driver using the following command:
# esxcli software vib install --maintenance-mode -d <Filter Driver.zip File>
- Reboot the ESXi by typing "reboot".
- Exit the ESXi maintenance mode.
After installation, the ESXi will show "Prepared" status on the Deep Security Manager console, and will show the same when you run the following commands:
# esxcli software vib list
# vmkload_mod -l | grep dvfilter
Manual uninstallation of dvfilter-dsa driver
- Access ESXi using SSH and log in using the root account.
- Run the command below to verify the complete name of the driver. This is usually dvfilter-dsa.
# esxcli software vib list | grep dvfilter-dsa
- Uninstall the dvfilter-dsa driver using the following command:
# esxcli software vib remove --maintenance-mode -n dvfilter-dsa