Currently, the only way to back up the local settings and policies of IMSVA is using the “Export” function in the web console. You cannot use this to perform a scheduled backup.
An alternative way to conduct a scheduled backup is through a cron job.
To configure a scheduled backup:
- Log in to IMSVA with root privileges through the local console or an SSH connection.
- Run the following command to edit the scheduled jobs:
# crontab -e
- Go to the “Insert” mode by pressing the I key.
For more information on switching to “Insert” mode, refer to this University of Washington article: Entering Text.
- Add the following line at the end of all jobs:
0 6 * * * /opt/trend/imss/script/imp_exp.sh -e /tmp/IMSVAConfigExport$(date +\%Y\%m\%d.dat) > /dev/null 2>&1
This will back up the configuration into the /tmp folder every day at 6:00 AM, and name it in the format "IMSVAConfigExportyyyymmdd.dat”. It can then be directly imported into another IMSVA from the web console.
- Save the changes and quit by pressing the combination of keys in the order they appear:
- Press Enter.
- Run the following command to verify the changes: