Client installation fails when using Remote Install. Searching the target clients via computer name shows the following error messages:
- To install on a remote computer, use an account with administrator privileges. If the target computer is running Windows XP Home or Vista Basic, remote installation cannot proceed because there is no remote registry service on these platforms.
- User name and password is incorrect.
The issue occurs even though you are using either the local administrator or domain administrator account. You have also verified that the following settings are configured on the target machine:
- Windows Firewall is turned off.
- Remote Registry Service is running.
- User Account Control (UAC) is disabled.
However, installation succeeds when doing Remote Install by expanding Domains and Computers and using the same administrator account.
This issue occurs because of a corrupted cgiremoteinstall.exe file.
Hot Fix Build 2461 allows the OfficeScan server program to reconstruct the account domain information and retrieve it effectively in order to permit the successful installation of OfficeScan client via remote installation.
To resolve the issue, apply OfficeScan 10.6 Hot Fix Build 2461 on the OfficeScan server. Contact Trend Micro Technical Support to obtain the hot fix.
For more information about the hot fix, refer to the Readme file.
If the problem persists, do the following: