To troubleshoot SS installation issues:
- Check if the specifications of your machine meet the hardware and software requirements for installing the SS.
Verify if the Downloader was able to download the full package. Look at the MD5 checksum value in the download page and compare it with the WFBS package installer in the Trend Micro Download Center. If they do not match, download another copy of the package.
If you need help in using the Downloader, refer to the Knowledge Base article: Using the Downloader Tool for Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS)
- Check the Proxy settings.
- Make sure the account used in installing the SS is the Administrator Account or Domain Admin Account.
- Open the ports needed to install the SS in the firewall or any third-party firewall. This is to allow communication between the server and the client.
- Check the services console and ensure that the Security Server service is installed correctly and is started.
If the service is not installed and you are trying to install it but you receive the "Setup cannot initialize the server" error, manually install the Security Server Master Service:
- Open a command prompt.
- Go to the ..\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV directory.
- Type "SVRSVCSETUP –INSTALL" and press Enter to run the command.
- Follow the best practice in migrating the SS.
If you still encounter issues when installing the SS, send the following logs to Trend Micro Technical Support:
- Content of %WINDIR%\Temp\WFBS_Debug folder
- Winmsd of Security Server