- Download the dedicated scan engine file and unpack it.
- Execute "tell smdreal quit" on the Domino server console to stop the SMDreal.
- Create the following directory:
Note: Change the pathnames if the default installation was not used.For Unix/Linux: /opt/trend/SMID/engine/vsapi/V##
where "##"" is the dedicated version of the Scan Engine.
For Example: /opt/trend/SMID/engine/vsapi/V9.750.1005
- Copy the files you extracted in Step 1 to the newly created directory. The name of the file is libvsapi.so.
- Run the command "tell smdreal quit" on the Domino server console.
- Go back to the Domino server console and execute "load smdreal".
- Delete the old scan engine entry from the smency.nsf via Domino admin console, and then add a new document for the new scan engine.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Manually updating the scan engine for ScanMail for IBM Domino (SMID) for Linux
Thank you for your feedback!