Change the GUID of SA if you want to clone the machine.
To change the GUID, follow the steps below corresponding to your product version:
For WFBS 8.0 and WFBS 9.0:
- Go to ..\<Security Server directory>\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility.
Find and copy tool to the Security Agent (SA) you want to have the GUID generated.
For WFBS 8.0:
For WFBS p.0:
- Double-click the file to run. The tool will stop SA and remove the ClientID.
- Restart the machine. SA will generate the new ClientID after the machine restarts.
For WFBS 7.0:
Contact Trend Micro Technical Support to get the Security Agent ClientID Regeneration Tool. The Security Agent ClientID needs to generate again when you would like to clone HD to other machines deployment.
- Copy the executable file to a temporary folder on the WFBS agent (example:C:\temp).
- Double-click the file to run. The tool will stop the Security Agent (SA) and remove the ClientID.
- SA will generate again a new ClientID after the machine restarts.
For WFBS 6.0:
Hot fix release date: 05/30/2011
This hot fix enables users to change the GUID of Security Agents (SA) that are newly-installed using ghost image sources. This ensures that these Security Agents will have unique GUIDs.
To obtain this hot fix:
- Contact Trend Micro Technical Support.
- Use the following information to open an Support Case:
- Title: Hot fix request from Solution ID EN-1095439
- Problem Category: Update/Rollback Issues
Description:Provide a description of your server configuration including the following details:
- Specify the product build you currently have on your server.
- Give a description of the symptoms your server is experiencing.
To install this hot fix:
- Copy the hot fix executable file to a temporary folder on the Security Server (example: C:\temp).
- Double-click the file. All hot fix modules are automatically copied to the correct destination.
- After the time stamps on the server files have changed, the server will automatically notify the Client/Server Security Agents to download the updated files.
After installing the hot fix, you can now change the GUID of Security Agents that are newly-installed using ghost image sources. To change the GUID:
- Change the host name.
If you need more more help with changing the host name, refer to this article: Change your computer name
- Delete the old GUID.
- Restart the computer. The Security Agent generates a new GUID automatically.