After DLP policies are created and deployed, the console still shows the endpoint agent as outdated. Troubleshoot the outdated policy issue on a DLP agent.
To resolve the outdated status:
- Log on to the DLP management console.
- Make sure that the affected machine is connected by checking its status on the Administration > Agent Management page.
- Redeploy the policy and make sure that the status in the console shows "Deployed".
- On the DLP server, check the time stamp of the policy file %WINDIR%\system32\dgagent\tmpe.pol. It should reflect the current time.
If the issue persists, do the following:
- Stop the DSASvc service.
- Go to the %WINDIR%\system32\dgagent directory and back up the following policy files:
- Delete the policy files mentioned above.
- Start the DSASvc service.
- Deploy the policy again.
- Agent Service
- Policy Engine