By default, you cannot install the SafeSync for Enterprise (SSFE) client on a Mac OS X computer with a self-signed certificate.
Learn how to install the certificate to make sure that the SafeSync client will work on Mac computers.
If you have failed logging in to SafeSync before, do the following to clean up your environment:
You may skip this part if this is your first time to use a Mac client without initializing the agent and logging on any SSFE server.
- Quit your SafeSync for Enterprise application:
Right-click the SafeSync icon on the top-right corner of the screen, and then select Quit.
- Kill HMPluginUIAgent and HumyoAgent process using the Activity Monitor.app:
- Go to ../Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app
- Find and select HMPluginUIAgent and HumyoAgent.
- Click Quit Process.
To install the certificate:
- Open Safari and go to https://www.ssfe.yourdomain.com. Safari will pop up a dialog box.
- On the dialog box, click Show Certificate.
- Mark Always trust "*" when connecting to www.ssfe.yourdomain.com check box.
- On the same window, make sure that Always Trust is selected on the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) drop down menu, and then click Continue.
You will be prompted for a name and password to allow the changes to your Certificate Trust Settings.
- Go to ../Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app/" to find your Keychain Access named as a wildcard "*".
When the certificate is selected, it will turn blue as shown above, and the description will show "This certificate is marked as trusted for “www.ssfe.yourdomain.com”".
- Double click * (certificate).
- Set Use System Defaults for When using this certificate. This resets the certificate to its default value.
Your certificate will show "This certificate is marked as trusted for “www.ssfe.yourdomain.com”".
- Close the window. You will be prompted for a password.
- Double-click * (certificate), and then set Always Trust for the following:
- Secure Socket Layer
- X.509 Basic Policy
Your certificate will show "This certificate is marked as trusted for this account".
- Close the window. You will be prompted again for a password.
After you have entered the password, the certificate will then belong to your account.
- Launch SafeSync for Enterprise application again.