Read the new features and improvements available in OfficeScan 10.6 SP2.
OfficeScan 10.6 SP 2 includes the following new enhancements and features:
- Support client installations on Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8
- Support for Internet Explorer 10
- MSI Installation
Real-time scanning now verifies the file signature of an MSI installation package before proceeding with an installation. Once OfficeScan receives verification that the file signature is trusted, real-time scan allows the installation to proceed without further file scanning.
Enhanced the Smart Scan update feature for virtual environments. When a large number of Smart Scan clients request a pattern update, the server now places the client requests in a queue until the server can send a response. As each client completes the update, the server prompts the next client in the queue to begin updating.
Enhanced the DLP feature to provide:
- Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server Core 2012 support
- Windows Store App support on the Windows UI
- Desktop application support.
- HTTPS support using Internet Explorer 10
- HTTPS support using Chrome versions 19, 20, 21, and 22
- Updated Gmail support
- Microsoft Office 2013 support