Learn to upgrade an existing FDE to the newest version, which is 5.0.
To upgrade the FDE 3.1.3 SP1 to version 5.0, use the FDE installer:
- Copy the installation package to the local hard drive of the client.
- Execute the TMFDEInstall.exe file.
When the User Account Control windows shows, click Yes to allow the changes in the Endpoint Encryption device.
The following message appears:
Trend Micro Full Disk Encryption upgrade has begun. Please do not restart your computer.
- Click Yes on the confirmation dialog box to reboot the endpoint.
To upgrade FDE 3.1.2 to the latest version:
- Request a copy of the TMFDEUpgrade.exe file from Trend Micro Technical Support.
- Copy the TMFDEUpgrade.exe to the client and execute the file. A windows administrator rights is required to perform the upgrade.
- Click Yes to reboot the machine after performing the upgrade.
You may suppress the prompting of the message to reboot the system, use the following upgrade process script:
If you use the “quiet” switch, use a script to reboot the system after the upgrade using this windows shutdown command:
Shutdown -r –t <seconds>