You want to back up the OfficeScan (OSCE) database to a separate machine via UNC path. However, the backup database is stored on the local OSCE server, not on the target machine.
OSCE uses an account or user to transfer the backup database to another machine via UNC path. The issue occurs because the account used is incorrect, OfficeScan is unable to find the used account from its Users list.
Usually, the account's format is TM_OSCE_<ServerName>.
To fix this issue, recreate the account:
- Shut down the OfficeScan Master service.
- Back up and delete the following files located on the <OfficeScan server>\PCCSRV\HTTPDB folder:
- Delete TM_OSCE_<ServerName> from Control Panel > Users.
- Start the OfficeScan Master Service.
The previously deleted files and the TM_OSCE_<ServerName> account should be automatically generated under the HTTPDB folder.
- Configure the settings on the Database Backup console page.
- Perform a Backup Now.