You are encountering difficulties while working on Threat Protection templates in Trend Micro Web Security (TMWS).
Set Up a Threat Protection template.
- Log in to your TMWS web console.
- Go to the Policies > Security Templates > Threat Protection > Add.
- Set a template name.
- Enable or disable Web Reputation Services in order to block malicious web sites.
Set the WRS sensitivity level for TMWS to use when filtering websites with potentially malicious content.
Specify any file types to be exempt from scanning (Content Type Exceptions).Trend Micro recommends minimizing the list of MIME content-types to skip to reduce the risk of virus infection. Also, Trend Micro does not recommend skipping any MIME content-types when large file handling is enabled, because it is possible for a MIME contenttype to be forged.
Configure the following in the File Scanning section:
- Do not scan files larger than
- Do not scan files whose compression layers exceed
- Unscannable files
Configure the following in the Advanced Threat Scanning section:
With the Advanced Full license for TMWS, the Predictive Machine Learning and Cloud Virtual Analyzer options are grayed out. Please contact your Trend Micro Sales Representative for further information about licensing.
- Botnet detection
- Predictive Machine Learning
- Cloud Virtual Analyzer
- Click Save.
For more information on Threat Protection templates, refer to the Threat Protection section in TMWS Online Help Center.
Assign the Threat Protection Template to a Cloud Access Rule.
- Go to Policies > Cloud Access Rules.
- Select the rule you want the Threat Protection template to be applied to.
- Set up the different Cloud Access Rule options as indicated in the TMWS Online help.
When you set the Action to Allow, select any of the Threat Protection templates you set up by following the instructions.
- Click Save.