It takes a long time for a backup process to finish when using a third-party backup application.
Usually, the backup software will first read the files on the system and create a copy. The issue occurs because OfficeScan has to scan the files retrieved by the backup software.
To fix this issue, configure OfficeScan to only scan files that have been created or modified. It will ignore the backup software every time it reads a file, speeding up the backup process.
To set the scan mode to Created/Modified, do the following:
- Log on to the OfficeScan Management console.
- Go to Networked Computers > Client Management.
- Select/Highlight the affected machine/client.
- Click Settings > Realtime Scan settings.
- Under User Activity on Files, choose Created/Modified.
- Click Apply/Save.
To verify the new setting on the machine, do the following:
- Open the Registry.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Real Time Scan Configuration
- Look for the following entries:
- ScanOutgoing should have a '0' value while ScanIncoming should have a '1' value.