The Inactive Security Agent Removal feature enables you to specify how long a device can remain disconnected fom WFBS-SVC. After this period, the device will automatically be removed from the web console.
Setting the Inactive Security Removal feature
To configure Inactive Security Removal:
- Log in to the WFBS-SVC console.
- Click Administration > Global Settings.
- Go to the Device Management tab.
- Under Inactive Agent Removal, tick the Enable automatic agent removal option.
- On the Maximum disconnection period field, specify the number of days you want a device to be disconnected. The setting must be between 1 and 999.
Inactive Security Agent Removal calculates the time period based on the agent's "last connected time".
Note: Agents on Android devices cannot connect to WFBS-SVC once removed. The agent needs to be re-installed on the device.
- Click Save.
Client Auto Rejoin
Once agents reconnect to WFBS-SVC server, they will be added back to their original group.
- If the original group has been deleted when an agent auto rejoins, which group will the agent report to?
Answer: The agent will report to the default group [Server (Default) or Device (Default)] in the web console.
- If the original group has been renamed when an agent auto rejoins, which group will the agent report to?
Answer: There is no impact, because the group ID is not changed when the group is renamed. Hence, the agent will still report to the original group.