Learn how to use and configure the Inactive Security Agent Removal feature in WFBS-SVC.
The Inactive Security Agent Removal feature enables you to specify how long a device can remain disconnected fom WFBS-SVC. After this period, the device will automatically be removed from the web console.
To configure Inactive Security Removal:
- Log in to the WFBS-SVC console.
- Click Administration > General Settings.
Under Security Agent Tree Cleanup, tick the checkbox beside Automatically remove Security Agents from the Security Agent Tree.
On the Automatically remove Security Agents from the Security Agent Tree if inactive for field, specify the number of days you want a device to be disconnected. The setting must be between 1 and 999.
The Security Agent Tree Cleanup calculates the time period based on the agent's "last connected time".
- Agents on Android devices cannot connect to WFBS-SVC once removed. The agent needs to be re-installed on the device.
- Profiles on iOS devices cannot connect to WFBS-SVC once removed. The device needs to be re-enrolled.
- Security agents will be automatically removed within 1 hour as long as it meets the requirement based on the settings (number of days it reports inactive to the server).
Once agents reconnect to WFBS-SVC server, they will be added back to their original group.
- If the original group has been deleted when an agent auto rejoins, which group will the agent report to?
Answer: The agent will report to the default group [Server (Default) or Device (Default)] in the web console.
- If the original group has been renamed when an agent auto rejoins, which group will the agent report to?
Answer: There is no impact, because the group ID is not changed when the group is renamed. Hence, the agent will still report to the original group.
- What happens when the agent reconnects after being removed from the console?
Answer: For Windows and Mac, the Agent will automatically report to the console after the device reconnects but not for Android and iOS devices.
- You may also refer to the following if Security Agents cannot be automatically removed: Uninstalling Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC) Agents
- For other issues encountered, contact Trend Micro Technical Support for troubleshooting and assistance.