After changing the account used to connect to the TMCM database, the following error occurs when you log on to the TMCM console:
Server error in '/WebApp' Application when opening console
Resolve this issue by refreshing the database setting using the DBConfig tool located on the ..\Control Manager\DBConfig directory of the TMCM server.
To use the DBConfig tool:
- Open Command Prompt and run as Administrator.
- Type the necessary command (DBConfig[options]), then press ENTER. Refer to the table below for options:
-DBName="database name" database name -DBAccount="database account" database account -DBPassword="database password" database password -Mode="SQL"< authentication mode
SQL or Windows authentication (WA)
-DBHost="ip address/hostname" database IP address/hostname -Owner change owner to dbo
Example: DBConfig -DBName="db" -DBAccount="sqlAct" -DBPassword="sqlPwd" -Mode="SQL" -DBHost="10.1.152.124"
- The default mode is SQL authentication mode but -Mode="WA" is necessary when configuring for Windows authentication.
- The Windows account must belong to Administrators group.
- It is required for Windows 2008 servers to "Run as Administrator" to use the tool.
- When creating or changing the password for the Windows account, do not use any of the following characters: < > " ;.
For more information about the use of the dbconfig tool, refer to the article Changing the Control Manager (TMCM) database configuration settings.