This article provides instructions on how to activate real-time scan for POP3 mail for WFBS-SVC.
The POP3 Mail Scan is a plug-in that protects clients in real-time against security risks transmitted through POP3 email messages.
WFBS-SVC POP3 Mail Scan supports the following mail clients:
- Microsoft Outlook™ 2000, 2002 (XP), 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Outlook Express™ 6.0 with Service Pack 2 (Windows XP only)
- Windows Mail™ (Microsoft Vista only)
- Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 and 2.0
To enable Real-Time Scanning for POP3 mail:
- Log on to the WFBS-SVC console.
Go to the Configure Policy screen by performing one of the following:
- Classic Mode: Go to SECURITY AGENTS and select a group. Click on the Menu icon (three vertical dots) then click Configure Policy.
- Advanced Mode: Go to POLICIES > Policy Management. Click Add or click an existing policy.
- On the left panel, select Scan Settings then click Configure Settings under Real Time Scan.
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings.
Tick the checkbox next to Scan POP3 messages to enable it.
- Click OK > Save.