Learn the two ways on how to remove Control Manager or Apex Central server on your system. The following instructions apply to a Windows 2003 environment; details may vary slightly, depending on your Microsoft Windows platform.
Use either of following options to automatically remove or uninstall the TMCM/Apex Central server:
- From the Start menu, click Start > Programs > Trend Micro Control Manager > Uninstalling Trend Micro Control Manager.
- Using Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Trend Micro Control Manager, and then click Remove.
- Click Yes to keep the database, or No to remove the database.
Keeping the database allows you to reinstall TMCM/Apex Central™ on the server and retain all system information, such as agent registration, and user account data.
If you reinstalled the TMCM/Apex Central server, and deleted the original database, but did not remove the agents that originally reported to the previous installation, then the agents will re-register with the server when:
- Managed product servers restart the agent services.
- TMCM/Apex Central agents verify their connection after an 8-hour period.
To manually uninstall TMCM/Apex Central server, refer to this article: Manually uninstalling Trend Micro Control Manager