Learn the two ways on how to remove Control Manager 6.0 server on your system. The following instructions apply to a Windows 2003 environment; details may vary slightly, depending on your Microsoft Windows platform.
Use either of following options to automatically remove or uninstall the TMCM 6.0 server:
- From the Start menu, click Start > Programs > Trend Micro Control Manager > Uninstalling Trend Micro Control Manager
- Using Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Trend Micro Control Manager, and then click Remove.
- Click Yes to keep the database, or No to remove the database.
Keeping the database allows you to reinstall TMCM on the server and retain all system information, such as agent registration, and user account data.
If you reinstalled the TMCM server, and deleted the original database, but did not remove the agents that originally reported to the previous installation, then the agents will re-register with the server when:
- Managed product servers restart the agent services.
- TMCM agents verify their connection after an 8-hour period.
To manually uninstall TMCM server, refer to this article: Manually Uninstalling Trend Micro Control Manager 6.0