Update to the latest pattern and engine files to ensure the effectiveness of IWSVA.
Signature-based virus and spyware/grayware scanning works by comparing the binary patterns of scanned files against binary patterns of known risks in the pattern files. Trend Micro frequently releases new versions of the virus pattern and spyware pattern in response to newly identified risks. Similarly, new versions of the Phish pattern are released as new phishing URLs are identified. New versions of the Trend Micro scan engine are updated as performance is improved and features added to address new risks.
- On the IWSVA console, click Summary > System Dashboard > Update.
- On the Manual Update screen, click one of the following:
- Update All - to update all components
- Update - to update only the selected component/s.
- Access the Manual Update screen by doing either of the following on the IWSVA console:
- Click Updates > Manual on the main menu.
- Click Summary > System Dashboard > Update.
- On the Manual Update screen, click Update to update only the selected component/s.
A message box appears if the version of the pattern file or scan engine on IWSVA is greater than or equal to the counterpart on the remote download server. If the pattern file on IWSVA is older than the one on the remote download server, the new pattern file is downloaded.
- Click OK in the message box to start the forced update.