IWSVA can perform scheduled updates for the following pattern files:
- Virus (includes Trojan and worm signatures)
- URL page analysis
Likewise, IWSVA can perform scheduled updates for the scan and URL filtering engines.
To schedule automatic pattern file and engine updates:
- On the IWSVA main menu, click Updates > Schedule.
- Select the update interval for each component:
- Every x minutes (pattern files only; select the number of minutes for update intervals)
- Hourly (pattern files only)
- Weekly (select a day from the drop-down menu; this is the recommended setting for the latest engine updates)
Note: Scheduled updates for a given component can be disabled by selecting Manual updates only in each component section.
- For each component, select a start time for the update schedule to take effect.
- Click Save.